Our Services

Sponsored Visa and Work Permit

All Services >
Sponsored Visa and Work Permit

In order for a foreigner to work in Thailand, they must have a Work Permit. A Thai work permit is a legal document that states a foreigner’s position, current occupation or job description, and the Thai company they are working with. It also serves as a license to perform a job or occupation allowed for foreigners inside Thailand

A foreigner is eligible to apply for a work permit as long as they have a Non-Immigrant Visa or Resident Visa, however, this is not always easy to obtain. In order to be able to get a work permit, it must be provided by a Thai company. For a foreigner, this means one must either find a job locally, or set up their own company, which has its own set of difficulties and expenses involved.

Creating a Thai company or local subsidiary yourself requires engaging with various legal advisors and third-party vendors, as well as investing time and money. The process can take up to six months, and you must pay corporate tax & pay your minimum 4 employees’ salaries & SSO.

What Problems Do Most Foreigners & Digital Nomads Face?

  1. No Tax Residency:
    If you’re a digital nomad, it’s likely that at some point in your life- Whether before or after moving abroad – You will be audited by the country where YOU ARE tax resident. This can cause major problems for those who are not able to prove they have been residents there long enough and lead them into further audits from other countries as well!
  2. Other Visas Do Not Allow a Path To Permanent Residency:
    Permanent Residency is a status that allows you to live and work in Thailand permanently. Permanent residency can be obtained after holding a work permit for 2 years and paying taxes in Thailand. Other visas like Education Visa, Thai Elite Visa in which you are not permitted to work, and do not provide you with a tax number or the possibility to convert to permanent residency.
  3. Cannot Use Social Securit:
    Thailand is one of the most affordable countries to live in as a digital nomad or remote professional, but as a remote worker on one of the other Thai visas you do not have access to Thai Social Security Benefits. This means that if something bad were ever going on with your health then there wouldn’t be an option other than relying solely upon private insurance which can get expensive really quickly, or forking up cash upfront.
  4. Visa Runs, Under The Table Payments & Uncertainty
    Hardly anyone can tolerate the idea of having to renew their visas every few months and often this becomes a major source of stress in remote professionals who are trying to stay in Thailand under incorrect visas. Not only is it illegal, but trying to do this long-term is costly due to the cost of visa runs, under-the-table payments, and travel, but you will always have the underlying uncertainty that immigration will catch on and you can be deported and banned from re-entering the country.

So what is a sponsored work permit & visa?

A sponsored work permit & visa is where a local company acts as an Employer of Record and sponsors your “local” employment in Thailand like Playlab.

Acting as your Employer of Record, Playlab provides you with your Non-B Visa & Work Permit and handles all local legal tax & social security compliance, saving you time and money to get started in Thailand.
With Playlab you are provided with a BOI Non-B Visa & Work Permit allowing you to live and work fully legally in Thailand without the worry of visa issues, and establish Thailand as your Tax Residency.

Double-click this headline to edit the text.

Are You A Digital Professional Looking to Live & Work in Thailand?

With Playlab we provide you with everything required to live & work in Thailand Long Term.

Sponsored Visa, Work Permit & More. You can even work for you own clients or business.

Get Started By Taking Our 60 Second Qualify Survey Below:

Get Started Now

Discover More of Playlab

Ready to work & play in Thailand?

Getting started is easy, take our short 60-Second qualify survey now.
Apply Now
Work For Yourself or Your Company Legally In Thailand | Sponsored Work Permits | Full Compliance | No Local Entity Required
© 2023 PlayLab. All rights reserved.